Tuesday, January 3, 2012

First post

I know so many people make resolutions in the new year, and I hate to be one of those people. I actually don't count myself in that population. I have been thinking about and actively trying to begin my journey to becoming a healthier person for months. Since I graduated nursing school actually. I used to be healthier, I miss that me. I look forward to becoming that me again... I have more time now that school is over and my work schedule is settled. Now I need to motivate.

First off, I have been trying to eat healthy. I slip up and go for the easy meals sometimes, more often than I'd like to admit, but I DO have healthy recipes and have those healthy cravings too.

Second, I have the urge to run. I think about it all the time. I have my routine in my head. I have workouts planned. I miss the energy it gave me afterwards, the thrill of completing a great hill or long run when I failed before. I NEED this back in my life. I'm completely unconditioned. Maybe I'll just start back at day 1 week 1 of couch25k...

Third, I'm depressed from being on the highest end of overweight than I've ever been. I made it down 12-15 pounds from the end of school (I had gained 40 or so pounds in my 2 years of school), but the holidays and lack of energy post-overnight and sedentary lifestyle has made me gain a couple pounds back... which makes me more depressed. I need to change my routine and get back to the brighter side of things. I remember being happy. I want to be there again. I have so many great things in my life. I need to enjoy them again.

3... 2... 1... get off the couch!

No comments:

Post a Comment